Sunday, December 30, 2012

Shopping Trip

I wanted to share one a moment of my life....

While shopping at Target today I found a super cute dressy winter coat for Lilliana. It was 50% off and adorable. Well, they only had a 5T so I briefly thought "oh perfect for next year"... but then I had a moment of "what if she is not here next year". I don't know if I can fully explain that to any mother who doesn't have a child with severe medical concerns BUT this is part of my daily mind set. I am beyond optimistic and have faith that Lilliana will continue to defy the odds BUT this is my realty.

I know no one's time here is guaranteed and no mother knows what the future will hold BUT my realty is unfortunately much more uncertain.

It hurts my heart in more ways than I can explain.

And no, I didn't buy the coat. It would hurt just one ounce more if something happens.