Monday, January 16, 2012

Fresh Air for the soul....

Pinned Image

After a wonderfully relaxing weekend to myself I realized a few things. One, a break is necessary to recharge and rejuvenate your energy, soul, and spirit. Two, O my goodness I missed my sweet girl. I think as mothers (especially stay at home moms or those with ‘medically fragile” children) we forget that we NEED to give ourselves breaks. When we don’t allow ourselves the time to be “us” we truly do not have the ability to be the best mothers we can be when we are blessed with time with our child(ren).

I do have to say that being a stay at home mom is the greatest blessing God has ever given me, but it can be challenging, stressful, and lonely at times. At times I’m not sure if it’s the challenge itself that is stressful or the guilt for feeling stressed about being with your child 24-7…. Clear as mud, right? LOL.

Bottom line mommies, take a break! Enjoy, relax, and don’t feel guilty. You will not only be a better you, you will also be a better parent.

Scroll to Top